As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

03 April 2008

"I've been shot!"

10 purple dots. One on each major trigger point, located on and surrounding my shoulder blades. Next comes the injection of numbing agent, much the same as Novocaine that you get in the Dentist chair. Three were particularly painful. They were located directly on top of my shoulders. Remembering the effects of a similar procedure from the week before, I expected for the points of injection to be rather sore for a few hours.

But they weren't.

A few hours later, as I was working on homework, I reached up to massage the place of the particularly painful, and...it was soft. Instead of the rock hard, tense and irritating muscle that it has been for years, it was soft. Tears threatened to leak at that moment.

This morning they are beginning to stiffen again, but not nearly as much as in the past.

The first round of treatment was 9 shots, all on my left side. There was very little change that day. But, over the next few days, it was my right side that complained sharply.

Slowly, strangely, it's working. It's WORKING!


(gold star if you can tell me what movie the title is from)

2 comments:

Laverna said...

I'd have to guess Young Frankenstein, but its been forever since I saw it to really be sure.
Hope the shots help out. What's interesting it that sometimes you have to remove the pain so that the muscles can have a chance to relax.
Isn't the body fascinating?

Muffy said...

Do you remember when you were first telling about this experience and I thought that you were saying that you had literally been shot??? Yeah, I remember that too.....Tee hee.. :P

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.