As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

12 April 2008

Dogs and People

I heard the lovely hum and vibrate of lawnmowers as I woke today. People were out, using their legs or two wheels for transportation. (There were 3 skateboarders that were actually wearing helmets! I was impressed to say the least. Smart boys.) I also took the opportunity today to walk the dog down the street so she could do her business. Watching her the past few days, I have decided I am grateful to not be a dog. We accept these traits as they are most commonly doggie ones. Imagine these descriptions for a human.

1- They have the tendency to stink, and cannot bathe themselves.
2- They are trapped in usually one or two rooms for most of the day. Every-day. (Thus emitting their smell into the room)
3- They have incredibly large lips. When ever they choose to "speak" in a whine or bark, these lips wiggle and jostle around.
4- Every time they TRY to bathe themselves by licking, a "squelching" sound accompanies.
5- No thumbs. Need I say more?
6- Most are unable to "relieve themselves" but simply walking outside. This particular dog must walk down the street a ways before she is able.

Actually, I really love dogs. It is just today that has made me particularly grateful for my freedom and ability to choose. (most especially to take a bath and use the toilet - in private)

1 comment:

ww said...

I have heard that sometimes dogs won't go right away because they like being outside and they have learned that if they do their business then they go back inside right after. So they will wait for a while so they can have more fun outside. Maybe that's why your dog wants to go up the street.

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.