As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

17 April 2008

The Final Word

This is it. I’ve got my life in my hands, and it’s all under control.

This is my cue to laugh hysterically. If you believe that, then I have bridge over the Salt Lake I’d like to sell you.

There is never anything that is definite. Decisions could reverse, solid facts could slip like sand on glass. Sand has to be heated to become glass, right? Well, the hotter it gets, the purer the glass.

Here goes the plans. Reasons to stay in the country, state and city.

Live at home to conserve funds which equals conserving sanity.
Attend the singles ward.
Work my butt off with sorority plans and fun as Treasurer.
Get a job at the University.
Begin work on a Classics major, emphasis in Latin.
Participate in Institute choir for the summer.
Volunteer at Primary Children's hospital for the summer.
Keep up a social life by hosting movie/game nights twice a month.
Keep up intelligence over the summer by forming a book club.

An extra note on the job search:
I have been watching the job search of Laverna, and I am beginning to understand what it really take to get a job. I have been privileged to have my employment nearly handed to me. My sister got me my first job, then a lady in the ward suggested me to her husband who gave me my second job. My current work as a house-sitter, the man called me himself, as a suggestion from his neighbors. But, I am left to myself this time around. I'm not really all that picky, just something I can do to get paid. Office work up here at school.

Here goes it all. Love life, love living.

Onward and Upward!

1 comment:

Laverna said...

You know, my job search would have been a lot easier if I had decided to stay in Salt Lake. Its just because it's a smaller population.
May I recommend the Health Sciences Library? It's really laid back, computers at your disposal and there's a handful of people who are quitting in the next few weeks.
I agree with your decision to work on campus. You don't usually get paid as much, but it is very convenient to not have to drive somewhere and they work with your schedule. Only restriction is they don't like you to work more than 20 hours/week.
BTW, I like your haircut.

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.