As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

15 April 2008

New hair-do

Well, here it is. Shorter than I had planned originally, but I am loving it.
The cut was done by Bryan at the Jagged Edge Retreat. Several people recommended Bryan when I mentioned I wanted a good hair-cut. In the past, my hair has been butchered. Bad hair cut after bad hair cut from a neighbor that charged $10, to a co-worker who killed it for free. I finally conceded into paying a bit more for a hair-cut and a girl name Michol did a pretty good job. After going to her a few times, and never feeling "wowed" by her skill, I was up for a change. Bryan is the most expensive I have paid for, but incredibly worth every quarter. I showed him some pictures, then he got to work. He didn't seem to have a whole lot of method to his cutting. When de started to dry it, and I began to feel slightly disappointed. But when he finished drying it, he asked what I thought. After discussing the length, to my delight he kept cutting. In most experience, as soon as the stylist dries it, it means they are done. But not Bryan. He kept cutting till we were both satisfied.

The entire experience was pleasant. The salon itself had interesting character. "Trees" and "branches" but also with metal pieces sticking out of them. The ceiling was unfinished and painted black. All the stylists were laid back and talked to each other as well as their clients. It's kept clean and professional, yet entirely friendly. 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, hands down the best hair experience I have yet discovered. 375 S. Main St. 801-355-4674

1 comment:

ww said...

Oh yeah, if they cut some after it's dry that's a good sign... awesome.

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.