As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

24 March 2008

Nerdy!

We are not normal. We being me and those whom I associate with, specifically this evening. This particular photo was taken at another time. On this occasion the three of us, Michael, Eliza and I were sitting on a love seat at Eliza's house, each with our own laptops propped open on our laps.
Tonight, also at the Clawson residence, there were four laptops on people's laps, this time adding Laverna to the mix. As usual, my chat window was up. Last night incurred some difficulties with a video chat with dear Meo, so once again I tried to connect and see if time had solved the problem. After some patient grumbling, it appeared. We happened to be sitting next to each other, and could hear what one said come from the other computer (with a slight delay of course.) Eliza was looking on rather disgusted, and who could blame her. I sent her a "hello" via chat, and she continued to glare at Michael and I. We just giggled and got back to work...more or less. Though, I must remind her of the extensive chat she and I had via computers, while sitting in chairs kiddy-corner to each other in the Institute. Tonight her father came in at last and declared "Family Hour! Computers away." All four of us shut our screens and proceeded to act like normal communicating humans. For at least that hour.

1 comment:

Laverna said...

Are you sure that my family EVER communicates like normal human beings? Maybe its just my husband and his sound effects (I love him to death. Life is never boring), but sometimes I wonder.
Hearing you guys talk to each other was pretty funny. Its like the people on the cell phones walking towards each other (but they don't see each other yet) and saying, "Where are you? Oh, there you are! Okay, bye."

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.