As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

29 June 2008

Celebration for a Wonderful Man




In honor of Brother Decker, the wonderful choir director and father figure to many, many people. We all love him. Who can ever forget such a caring man who devoted so much time and heart to the development of the choir and each individual. These are some of the people who came to see him and give their thanks. Who could ever forget lines like "Don't trample Jesus", "Tenors, join the men" and "You need to be men, not mice. And women, you need to be FAT mice." Oh the memories.

3 comments:

Laverna said...

"Women, you need to be big, beefy German women."
"Stand!"
"If there's no ring you're still available."
"Breathing is optional."
Brother Decker is truly a remarkable man and I have learned SO much from him. Joining Institute Choir was one of the best decisions I have made. Not only has it shaped me into the person I have become, but it also gave me invaluable experience that helped me be (somewhat)qualified for my new job. I don't think I would have been hired if it hadn't been for Choir and Bro. D's expertise.
I owe a lot to him.

DalPal said...

Aww. It looks like it was a good time! I'm sure I'll see people around.

Spencer said...

I'll always remember those times where he stopped directing to quickly and impressively teach us a spiritual truth. Like the time he taught us that "coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous." And the time he taught us that even the name of the place the Savior was born pointed to his future ministry. He never passed up those opportunities to teach.

"La be da me ni!"

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.