As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

02 June 2008

Garbage Truck

As a kid, every time I heard the garbage truck come through the circle, I would run to the window to watch the man extend the lever and grabber to the garbage cans, pick them up and lift the can, then dump the garbage into the back, then set the can back down. For some reason it was fascinating then to a little kid. I was home today when the garbage man came, and I went to the window to watch as he picked up our can, then "threw" it onto the ground (it didn't stay standing). It was just as fun to watch him navigate the circle in the 8-wheeler. He did a pretty good job setting the neighbors cans down, though there were a few lying on the ground instead of standing upright...

1 comment:

Laverna said...

I remember doing that as a little kid. And my siblings doing that after me.
Have you ever seen the garbage truck "dance move" we made up? It's pretty hilarious.

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.