As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

06 June 2008

Making New Friends

It's not as easy as walking up to someone and begin talking to someone, then each time you see this person, develop a stronger relationship. Some people are intent on keeping a distant acquaintance, what I call flirting at arm's length. (this applies to the opposite gender) If one is interested in another, how is it beneficial to ignore building a solid friendship in the beginning, simply functioning off flirting?

Then there are others that will go completely out of their way to say hello to you and see how you are doing. I witnessed a woman who saw a girl crying, and this woman did not hesitate one second before rushing to the tearful girl and putting her arms around her.

I understand that inter gender relations make a difference in action. But should it? Certainly you should take equal care in addressing those of your own gender as well as the opposite, whether you are single, taken, or married. In no way, shape, or form am I saying I am perfect at inter humanity relationships. Personally, I feel I need a lot of work in this area. Simply, I am expressing mild irritation. Though I guess I would do well to remember I am not the only imperfect one.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Very insightful.

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.