As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

13 October 2008

Pants, Snow and Relief.

The bane of my womanly existence - finding a pair of pants that fit. Out of the hundreds of jeans offered within 20 sq miles of my house, about 5 of them actually fit. Shopping for them is frustrating! I once tried on 5 pairs of jeans at Old Navy, and not one of them fit. I tried on men's shorts. Those didn't fit. Is it so much to ask to have a pair of pants that don't make me look a) like I'm going to explode or b) make me look like an overly enthusiastic pear. As my collection of wear-outside-of-the-house pants has decreased, the need became more dire. Off to Mervyn's to return a shirt, and loe an behold, a sale. Half off! Well, on select racks. Seriously, who wants to pay $30 for pants?! Of my slim pickings on the $19.99 tables I chose 4 pairs to try on. First pair...I was shocked. They were perfect! I was blessed today with a good pair of reasonbly priced pants. Life is good.

Happily driving home from said department store, I noticed a single cloud over the top of a mountain. I was quite impressed that this cloud had taken the time to stop over this particular peak. As I drove further east, the top of the mountain became more clear, and it was snowing-just on top of the mountain. The pine trees were covered for about a hundred feet down the slopes. The multi-colored trees and brown grass were exposed on the rest of the face of the mountain. I was impressed and highly amused.

It's Fall Break. Must I say more? Life is freakin awesome.

3 comments:

DalPal said...

Congratulations on finding pants! Amen to cool nature!

Spencer said...

I feel your pants pain.

gpgib said...

Nice blog. I saw that same cloud that same day. I was also impressed and it was so memorable and interesting and unique. Thanks for sharing. You have been more prolific on your blog lately. I had checked several times over the last few months and didn't find anything new, but then, in a few days, you have written several. It's nice to get caught up with you. LOVE YOU. Thanks for the concert on Sunday.

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.