As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

11 May 2010

At Rehearsal Monday May 11.

There is a short ballroom dance scene in the play with pretty simple choreography, but that doesn't mean I could do it well even in two hours. So, my dance partner (who in the play is my son) and I decided to meet a little early the next rehearsal to get it down better.  We were dancing only a few minutes when some more of the cast arrived; A group of small girls, mostly under 12. The dance is predominately a waltz, which is the romantic, royalty looking dance. I heard one of the girls say "OH! They're dancing!!"and they giggled. The youngest ones were standing close together with girlish grins on their faces as they watched us fly around the floor.

It is strange to realize that to younger kids, I am now what I used to think was SO grownup and where I wanted to be.

Though dancing still fills me with the same sort of glee.

No comments:

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.