As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

02 May 2009

Things one will do under pressure. Or not so much pressure.

Jed: I dare you to eat the rest of that butter.
Me: *stares at the butter* How much?
Jed: Umm, I dunno, how about I do something.
Me: K...Katie, what should we make Jed do?
Katie: Oh, I dunno...how about drink a glass of that vegetable oil.
Me: Perfect.
Jed: How much?
Me: Just like a half a glass.
Jed: Ok.
After subsequent preparation.
Jed: Are we doing this at the same time?
Me: Yes.
Both: One, two, three!
Now a side note: if you are going to eat that much butter in one go, you would think it would be easier to take bites out of it. But if you are any sort of normal, you will quickly discover this is not true.

I shoved the whole thing in. Jed finished his oil quickly, but I stood trying to chew and swallow, but with each swallow my gag kicked in.
Jed: My lips will never be chapped again.
Me: *gag*
Jed: Open your mouth.
Me: *opens mouth*
Crowd: Ahh. Eww! Gross!!

Some very kind people were very concerned about my well-being, seeing as I kept gagging every time I tried to swallow. I was given paper towels and spit the remainder out.

Jed: I'm feelin' all shaky now.
Me: Me too. Weird.

I can still smell and taste the butter as I retell this story.

Not much later on another dare, Jed attempted to each almost a tablespoon of cinnamon. He didn't make it far with that one. After a puff and a gag, he spit much of it out and spent the next 10 minutes gagging.


I'm still trying to figure out what our motivation was. Strangely, I doubt it would take much tempting for me to do some thing else similar...though never butter. You got to live a little, eh?

4 comments:

Whitney Denney said...

Wow. Sounds like you'd better watch your cholesterol level.

Whitney Denney said...

P.S. Once as a child, my mom's cousin asked for butter for Christmas so her parents gave her a stick of butter Christmas morning and she sat down and ate it. Yum, apparently.

ww said...

Don't try sniffing Pixy Stix up your nose. That's all I have to say on that topic.

Muffy said...

Try unsweetened bakers chocolate... that's a fun one to try too! :P

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.