As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

18 May 2009

Educational Deprevation.

As the end of a semester draws to a close, there is usually some sense of relief. You pass through your professor's ax-laden outstretched arms to discover you still have a head. Weeks ahead of you with a little something called "free-time", a strange new phrase appearing in your dictionary.

Yet this time, some sadness and a small hole appears also.

Am I NUTS?!

No, ntrly. Not as far as I see it anyway. A curse in a certain respect, as menial tasks in the workforce are more bothersome than ever before (aka, I'm bored with the lack of a challenge). Tonight I picked up an algebra book and once again tasted the sweet juice of knowledge. Alas, much of what I read didn't sink in very well (it's been awhile, me and math) and I thought "Maybe I should read my Greek book, it's easier."

*pause*

"Yeah, that explains why people think you're insane."

Draw your own conclusions. I'm not here to brag, just expressing my observation.

1 comment:

. . . said...

Of course greek is easier. You just barely studied it. The fact that you haven't seen algebra in a while doesn't mean that you can't do it. I took calculus in college and I teach math, but I can't do my calculus nearly as good as I was able to do it in college because I haven't studied it in almost ten years. You never really forget what you learn. It's all up in your brain somewhere, you just need the patience to remember what you learned.

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.