As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

20 March 2009

Recent events that were mildly irritating, but mostly entertaining.

  1. I answered the phone at work today and was shouted at by a recording "DEAR HOMEOWNER". I hung up on them at that point.
  2. Sitting in a business driveway waiting to get into traffic, a boy (around 20 years of age) walks down the sidewalk in front of me, stares and waves as he passes. I ignored him.
  3. A small jewel fell out of it's place in a new ring of mine. It fell to the ground, and I promptly bent over to pick it up. It is no larger than the dot of an "i" on this screen. My dog came over thinking my intent was to give her attention. She stepped on it twice before I could grab it. Finding the superglue, I opened the lid and tried to squeeze a tiny portion onto the ring. Nothing came out. I squeezed the rectangular bottle using the other sides, and it came gushing out, but missed the spot where I needed it. I finally got some into the hole, and put the jewel in. The jewel stuck to my finger instead. After fighting with it for a few seconds, it went in. My fingers were covered in superglue. I walked into my bedroom, proud that I saved such a small jewel, turned the ring over and noticed three more jewels missing.
  4. Spring is officially here. If you will recall several events from last year concerning bugs and more bugs and more bugs. I have already found a spider in the house, and the front porch light was covered in small green flying things earlier this week. I am not looking forward to the new friendships.

3 comments:

Whitney Denney said...

That's why only BIG diamonds are a girl's best friend.

Marianne said...

Ha! I laughed out loud at #3. Sounds just like a scene from Mr. Bean.

Laverna said...

Spring was here in Logan . . . then it snowed. Then it was back yesterday. Today its snowing. I'm getting a little frustrated.

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.