As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

22 July 2008

New Friends

Well, my vacuum may not be as cool as this one but the one I have been using this afternoon has been more than a pleasure to use.

I came home from a few errands today, and noticed three very small spiders crawling on my sheets (no, my bed was not made). Flicking them off, I looked down on the floor, and noticed two more crawling around. I bent down to look at them, amazed that there were so many in one area. My eyes surveyed the surrounding area, and came to rest upon the box springs of my bed. The springs and the mattress set are fairly new. Since we have plans to move at some point in the near future (mind you, this has been a plan for going on for many years now), we left the plastic on the box springs. Inside that plastic covering, there were at least 20 baby spiders. The spiders weren't much larger than the head of a pin. Not sure what to do, and mildly amused, I called my mother. She told me to drag the box springs to the garage, remove the plastic covering, and spray death onto all the crawling, eight-legged creatures. Yay for Ortho Home Defense Max Perimeter and Indoor Insect Killer with an Advanced Formula (yes I know spiders aren't insects, but they're dead all the same). Everything in the room needed to be moved and cleaned around. I pulled the sheets off my bed, and found more spiders on the cover sheet! How nice, they had been my buddies all night. All sheets removed, the rest of the room was emptied. Here is where the vacuum comes in. There were dust kangaroos under neath the bed, behind the bookshelf and in the closet. Vacuums kick dust mite butt! As I worked around the room, occasionally a spider or two appeared on the window, or on the ceiling. (if it was on the floor I just squished it) So, now comes the Home Defense to the Max spraying of the room. All in all, there were at least 100 spiders who met an unexpected fate today. Don't worry, the spiders will just smell a sweet fragrance like baking cookies, slip into a reverie, then wake on the other side... They better, because I won't be laughing if they live, grow up and try to sleep with me again.

There's a lady bug that's been hanging out on my ceiling as well. He caught a ride on my shirt from the outside, and decided to stay. Probably because of all the spiders in the room... A second lady bug found it's way in, but I was on a roll with the vacuum...

When I returned home tonight, there were a plethora of small flying, six legged creatures. No, not just a plethora...hundreds! I grabbed the Home Defense and sprayed them to the MAX! They were flying from the window above the kitchen sink. Most of them died on the spot and got washed down the sink. More continued to plop on the counter. Thinking my job done, I walked out the front door. There were hundreds more flying bugs! Again I ran for the spray and supersaturated the porch. No. More. Bugs.

Addition: Well, I dreamed about bugs during the night. There were thousands that infested my house, but luckily they all seemed to be the flying kind.

3 comments:

Jim said...

That story makes me scared to go to bed at night. By the way, I stock Ortho Home Defense Max Perimeter and Indoor Insect Killer with an Advanced Formula at Home Depot. It sells pretty well. It obviously works.

Spencer said...

Sounds like quite the infestation. Be glad it wasn't bedbugs. We had a bedbug problem on the mission, and those suckers are hard to kill. In one apartment, we eventually had to throw away all our beds, all our couches, AND replace the carpet before we killed them all. Fun times.

Laverna said...

Eww. Okay, so I'm not deathly afraid of bugs, but I'm certainly not a fan of them. I got a little creeped out by the thought of spending a night with a bunch of spiders, however small.
We have been putting ant bait in the garden in hopes that we can manage to keep them from decimating our corn . . . I can't tell if it's working. Still so many.

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.