As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

10 July 2008

Friends who can cook

It's always more than a convenience when you have friends who are willing to share their cooking skills. For almost a year, I have shared cooking skills with two friends of mine, having small potluck dinners every few weeks. Others have joined us from time to time, adding their various skills. We've had wonderful Hawaiian haystacks, home made pizza, home made ice cream, pork steaks with home grown spices. The most recent was a meal of barbecued chicken, fresh cherries and apple pie with ice cream. Delicious! Here is part of the group eating it with their various expressions of enjoyment. The pie was courtesy of Laverna. I wish I had a picture of the chicken, which was also delicious, made by the Olson's. Hmm, if either are reading this, I would like the recipe for the pie and chicken sauce. What's better than dinner and a movie with wonderful friends and great food? At this moment, there isn't much that comes close. I may travel to Logan just to eat. . .

2 comments:

Laverna said...

Um, I got the recipe from the Joy of Cooking. Only I used quinoa flour instead of regular flour for the filling because I ran out of regular flour. I guess it made it a little more nutty?
The crust was a whole-wheat/barley flour blend. Equal parts. I used all butter for the fat . . . but it got really soft so I probably will use a little shortening next time like the recipe suggests.

Jim said...

I can totally relate with this post. I remember that on my mission, I loved it when I was with a companion who could cook. I had a couple who were amazing, and of course, as a comp, I got to reap the benefits. It was pretty nice.

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.