As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

23 April 2010

A Rainy Day at the End of the Semester

Who wants to walk to class, in the rain, early on a Friday morning? It is April and it's cold. All these elements together equal misery. Greek poetry cheered me a little, but I was disappointed to see that my sole classmate for my New Testament wasn't present, so I'd have to be responsible for all the translation that day.

But lo and behold he was there when I got to the professor's office. I asked where he was and the professor promptly piped up and said "He was smoking all night." I thought there was a hint of a smokey smell... They both grinned. He then said he was up smoking meat all night, having to turn it every 2 hours. The professor proceeded to play a song for me: "Walking in Memphis." (The reason for this is a little long to explain. But there was a reason) My co-student had brought the Professor a CD by the Chieftans, and we listened to two, Mexican/Irish songs, one narrated by Liam Neeson. And this is how the New Testament class began this morning.

Last Wednesday the professor played "Baba O'Riley" by the Who at the beginning of class.

Does any of this have to do with the New Testament in Greek? Of course not. But did the day just go from woe to awesome? Yes.

Now this is what I call an education.

No comments:

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.