As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

05 April 2010

A little confused...

Every time I turn a corner (and I mean every corner I turn) in the house I watch out for a small black dog...
I say "Good-bye Teeka!" to an empty kitchen...
I was early to class today because I didn't have to feed the dog or let her out...
Sitting with my dinner, I look for a begging face...
Chilling with the family, I wait for the click-click of claws and tinkle of a collar as she comes to sit by me...
I hear deep breathing and a sigh as she curls up in her bed when I go to sleep...

For more than 14 years this happened. I was in 3rd grade, 7 years old.

Now it doesn't, and it is very strange. Though how very appropo for her to choose to leave on Saturday night, when the next morning is Easter...

At least I can put my Easter basket full of treats on the floor without her getting her nose into it.

1 comment:

Muffy said...

Je t'aime Erin. I'll miss her too!

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.