As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

15 June 2009

"YOU TOO!"

The title refers to a popular comedic routine by Brian Regan. If you haven't heard it, go to youtube and find it.

As a banquet server, I set many plates of food in front of people, then remove the plates when they are empty. As the diner is there when I serve and clear, I receive many "thank you" 's. When I first started the job I noticed that my reflex answer was "no problem." This, I decided, wasn't quite professional, so I made a decision to say "you're welcome." The habit, it seems, is a die-hard one. Something quite inappropriate has replaced both of the options and instead of any proper, I say "your...problem..." Not exactly what one expects to hear in response to a "thank you." I believe that most of the times I've slipped it's been inaudible.

We can only hope at least.

1 comment:

Whitney Denney said...

The first time I was in France and people bumped into me and then said "I"m sorry" my reflex was to say "You're welcome" because I didn't know how to say anything else.

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.