As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

23 June 2009

Just lean a little bit to the left...Part 2

Friday, I wore a knee-length dress to work.

As you are aware the floors are slanted, the following should come as no surprise:
There was a file holder that sat in front of my "desk". When I stood up to grab the folder I needed, the chair slide an inch or two backwards, so when I went to sit down again, I landed on the floor rather than the chair. Yes, I was in a dress, and yes my legs ended up above me rather than below. Luckily the only other people in the room were on the other side of it, and I MAY have been hidden by the half wall. If not, they held their laughter very close.

That same day, the president of the other company in the same office space walked in and started talking to her two employees (both men). About 5 minutes later she walked towards my side of the room and said "Hello Erin. You know, I only need to say 'hello' once and I greet everyone here." Of course, the men on the other side of the room are both Aaron.

Yesterday I was smart enough to wear nice jeans to work. I finally have a desk! Thanks to yours truly. It's amazing the things you miss. A desk at a proper height with leg room underneath, drawers, shelves. It's beginning to look more like an office than a warehouse. Today I put two more desks together, wearing heels I might add. (if you're a boy and don't understand how this makes a difference, try assembling something on your tip-toes. yeah.)

No comments:

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.