As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

30 June 2009

Eh?

As a customer service/account coordinator/"take care of this order Erin", I talk to people all over the country in sales. Conversations are usually very peppy and full of "thank you" 's, as we are both trying to be as cordial as possible. Many of our vendors are from the east coast. I am never one to take sterotypes very seriously until it is either proven by personal experience. But, holy accents! One man from Minnesota reminded me of a cartoon character (name escapes me) who I recall hearing "Doncha know." I have encountered MANY southern drawls, and even a Brooklyn/New York accent. I am thoroughly entertained, and can only wonder what they are thinking on the other end.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Is the "Doncha know." possible the mom from Bobby's World?

Whitney Denney said...

The think that gets me is "bayg" for bag and "flayg" for flag.

ww said...

Yep, that's how I talked when I was on my mission.

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.