As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

09 February 2011

Lamentations of the Ill.

I have always tried to have the attitude that having a cold, the flu, or any such not-so-life-threatening illness, is something to be grateful for. It's a chance to slow down, take a needed breather from a busy life and realize how grateful you are that each body-part performs it's normal function properly. Today, I am grateful for a functioning throat that allows me to speak and sing. The ease of communication is something we take for granted I think; a luxury we frequently abuse by not caring to communicate with others properly. Communication can build or destroy a relationship in mere seconds. I am grateful my vocal chords work, and my lips move in-sync.

Also, I am grateful for the ice cream and flowers brought to me by a loving fiancee.

1 comment:

gpgib said...

I didn't know you had been sick. Too much party last weekend?
Thanks for being a wonderful part of our family, and for including me :-)

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.