As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

29 November 2010

An Interesting Start to an Interesting Week

It's finals time. Which means I will be hiding behind my computer for the next three weeks straight as I finish four papers, prepare a presentation, read and translate until my eyes fall out. Over the long holiday weekend I was sure to get lots of rest to prepare for the monster sized amount of work needing to be done.

My neighbors rock.
  1. It snowed for almost 24 hours straight. One neighbor from the house next door used his snowblower to clear our driveway and sidewalk. Twice.
  2. We live in a cul-de-sac, so we are the last road plowed, if we get plowed at all. I drive a regular small 4-door, who decided to not have enough guts to get me out of my own driveway this morning. As soon as I hit the unplowed street, I was stuck. After rocking back and forth a few times burning gas, I went to get a shovel to dig myself out. My 8-year old neighbor came walking over with his own shovel and said "I've been waiting for someone to get stuck! I love this stuff." and he started digging me out. His Dad came over a few minutes later and after getting me back up the driveway, was able to get my car down the street. 
I called my Mom when I got up to school to tell her about my morning and she immediately said "Do you have my parking tag?" *sigh* Yes. It was still in my car. So I hurried to her work to give it to her.

Also, if you are complaining about the snow on the ground, I recommend trying out this new dance step. It's called the One Legged Slide. You wear your every-day shoes and it is best done on snow covered ice. I do recommend wearing a nice puffy coat, in case you should fail in this step. With practice, you will be able to do this slide without hitting the ground, which so far I have been successful.

Happy Snow Season.

1 comment:

Muffy said...

Emerge from behind your computer soon! Good luck with finals! Love ya!

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.