As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

22 November 2010

Small Mercy.

Yesterday at church the power was out in most of the building. I am unsure how the light in the Elder's Quorum room and two of the lights at the back of the chapel were on, and the rest were off, but eventually they all went off. Luckily it was warm in the building, probably from earlier that day and the power decided to fail for my ward. Whatever happened exactly, the power stayed off through Sacrament Meeting and Sunday School. I was filling in for a teacher in Relief Society (the women's meeting) and had planned to play a song at the end of the lesson. But, it's kind of hard to use speakers that need power from a plug...if the plugs don't work. Just before the meeting started I closed my eyes and prayed to God that the power would come on in time to play the song.

Not five minutes later, there was a *ding* from the elevator and someone said "sounds like the power is on", so they flipped the light switches. Light. Electricity.

A coincidence? I think not.

1 comment:

Muffy said...

I like moments like that! <3

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.