As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

21 July 2010

A bit of an indulgence.

Might I request your attention to my personal day to day affairs and tell you that:

MY BIRTHDAY WAS AWESOME!!!

The celebrations started the night before with the family. They all provided a fabulous chicken/fancy salads/baked beans with bacon dinner, followed by an oreo cake and mint chocolate chip ice cream. That cake was dang amazing. It was homemade and looked like a giant oreo. Presents included a camera, flip flops that doubled as the center piece, a cook book and yummy-smelly lotions. And I got balloons and beaded necklaces. Plus it was with some of the family, which automatically makes it awesome.

I woke up at 7am on the day of, to a call from a friend who serenaded me with a lovely, traditional version of "Happy Birthday". In weight training, the instructor was "on one" and threatened to throw dumbbells at people who had bad technique. I told him that he couldn't be mean to me on my birthday, so thankfully even though I got lots of "straighten that back!", my head stayed in tact. The rest of the day was uneventful until after work. Mom and I had our nails done. A friend stopped by and gave me graham cracker waffle mix. I am craving to try it. The night finished with a few friends, a little backyard dancing, Monopoly and more cake eating. Just after midnight I got another call from a different friend and another classic rendition of "Happy Birthday." That summed up a pretty awesome day.

Now I'm 22. Old.

1 comment:

Jim said...

and winning at monopoly, but only momentarily!

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.