As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

21 April 2009

Where am I?

Five years ago, this was my life plan:
  • Avoid the University of Utah at all costs. Preferrably attend UVSC for a Film degree and pursue screenwriting and directing.
  • Though currently involved in a choir in the High School I attended, I didn't plan to pursue it any further after graduation
  • By age 20/21 I expected to be married, or at least not living at home.
  • I was rather shy and didn't make friends all that easy, and expected to stick close to my High School friends.
Today:
  • I attend the University of Utah, majoring in Classics - emphasis in Ancient Greek, minor in Classical Civilization, possible a minor in Linguistics.
  • I have been in an Institute Choir for 8 consecutive semesters, including summers since Fall 2006.
  • I am single. I live at home.
  • I have contact with two high school friends, one on a semi-regular basis, the other I rarely see. It seems at times I have too many friends. (ha! never)
My favorite thing to say about how I have changed is "In Junior High and High School, people called me the serious one." People usually laugh when they hear that.

In short, I have decided not to expect things to happen, or set plans in stone. As I have learned, it apparently doesn't happen that way.

2 comments:

Whitney Denney said...

Five years ago my plan was:

Get out of High School ASAP (I was really, really stir-crazy that year; luckily I ended up going to Washington)

Do not attend the University of Utah. Period.

Get a Driver's License.

Jim said...

5 years ago, I was thinking of going to BYU, being married, taking over the world with my army of intelligent and powerful robots, and learning to cook. Obviously, none of those have come to pass.

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.