As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

07 December 2008

Sweet new-born Babe, how frail!

Where shepherds lately knelt, and kept the angels’ word,
I come in half belief, a pilgrim strangely stirred;
But there is room and welcome there for me,
But there is room and welcome there for me.

In that unlikely place I find Him as they said;

Sweet new-born Babe, how frail! And in a manger bed:
A still small Voice to cry one day for me,
A still small Voice to cry one day for me.

How should I not have known Isaiah would be there,
His prophecies fulfilled? With pounding heart I stare:
A Child, a Son, the Prince of Peace for me,
A Child, a Son, the Prince of Peace for me.


Can I, will I forget how Love was born and burned
Its way into my heart unasked, unforced, unearned,
To die, to live, and not alone for me?
To die to live and not alone for me.


Remember, remember; That Christmas day is not just a day for family and gift-giving. It is not only a celebration of the birth of Christ, but of His life. He stepped down from His throne to extend His hand to be wounded that we may live. That all people could live in peace, love and joy for eternity. You've noticed the special feeling that the world just seems happier at Christmas-time. As thoughts are turned to Jesus Christ, His Spirit is poured out among man. His love that is unforced, and we can never pay for is spilled out in abundance. As you sing the songs of His birth, remember the Life that followed, and the sacrifice that ended His mortality. I testify that Jesus Christ lives and continues to plead for us.

*Where Shepherds Lately Knelt

No comments:

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.