As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

26 January 2010

And So It Begins. . .

Alright. Fine. I'll embrace it. The gym. A place I never thought I'd go. Too intimidating with all those skinny, firm, flat, toned people who would look at me and laugh. Well, I have finally found a way to work it into my schedule of school, work, social life, sleep, food, reminding my family that they have a red-headed little sister. The price is included in tuition (guess they expect every student to go) and since I already pay for it, I might as well take advantage. After work, three days a week, it's work out time. Christine agreed to go with me at least two days, so today was day one. We did it. We went. We explored. We tried three machines (stair-master, bike, elliptical) and were quite pleased. Josh and Amilynne (choir party!) were there giving their all. (PS, this seems like a good time to mention the open invitation to anyone who wants to join us.) Ending in the sauna - felt so good.

This leaves us with a few questions. Sure, we work into being hardcore, but how slowly, then what is hardcore without murdering yourself? Do you eat before or after the work out? I had a suggestion of one day weights, but how the heck do you do those properly without hurting yourself, or ending up lopsided? What's the best thing to do to lose pounds?

Did I mention Yoga on Monday nights?

1 comment:

Muffy said...

Is this still going???

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.