As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

29 February 2008

ready...LEAP!

My mother approached me last night and we proceeded to have an insane exchange.

Mom: "Tomorrow is Sadie-Hawkins day. Who are you going to ask to marry you?"
Erin: "Ummmm, do you have someone in mind?"
Mom: "I don't know, I'll make a list"
Erin: "Who's on the list?"
Mom: "I dunno, who do you want to be on the top of the list?"
Erin: "*pause* Do you want me to get married tomorrow?"
Mom: "No, you just ask tomorrow."
Erin: "..."

Well, any takers? Just kidding. Sure, if the right man came along today, I'd grab him, kiss him, and ask him to marry me. It's about 1:30pm...the clock is ticking...

My future is planned, more or less, up to the summer. Things aren't turning out how I expected, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. There isn't any particular boy who is swaying me in any kind of direction, so I get to make these decisions for myself. As much as I like living at home, I'm feeling the urge even more to "leap." Somewhere. Anywhere. But where?

All I have to say is, have faith, and leap. If I land in a puddle, I'll just be wet for awhile.

Happy Leap Day.

1 comment:

Fung-Shi-Fung said...

that was a funny exchange! you could marry me! :P just kidding. I know your eyes just dialated about a mile apart. teh heh, I live for those faces! Maybe you should date matt! ;)

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.