As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

19 January 2008

Which way, which way?!

Do I stay at the University of Utah? Prolly not. Then where do I go? And with what money? I am nearly finished with all my generals, so the new school will be picked depending on what specialty I want to focus on (aka, major) Do I stay in-state, or explore new US territory, and how far? I am up for any and all suggestions to get me there, where ever there is. I am confident I will find it (whatever it is) in enough time to accomplish whatever.

Yesterday I was pushed into a sorority. A friend of mine thought it would be good to expand my social circle, since, let's face it, Institute Choir is not what it used to be. My freshman year it nearly dominated my life, but now things have slowed down with the division between two directors. So, I joined an LDS sorority. Theta's the name. So, here goes a new adventure, with new faces, not really new places since it is hosted at the Institute, but hopefully a few new dates (as was the goal of this friend of mine who pushed me into activating myself in the program). I am grateful, and I already had a good time with the girls. There are exchanges with the fraternities, one of which is tonight. So, here goes. I can't believe I joined but hey, I like a change of pace. Actually, I was becoming incredibly bored with life, and this is a little spice!

My niece never ceases to amaze me. She adds a new word to her vocabulary every time I see her. See Terra Rambler for the cutest girl on earth. Could I really move from home, go to a new school, and miss this piece of sweet beans?

1 comment:

Laverna said...

Good questions. Changes of scenery are welcome when you need more variety.
There was a period of time in my college career when I was extremely frustrated and wanted desperately to move out and try living on my own, but I was constrained by finances.
I never did move out on my own -- what did happen was the realization that I could learn and grow wherever I was.
Maybe what you need is a change of place. In some ways, I still kind of wish I had made things work and lived independently for a while.
I have a few friends that have done a semester study abroad, and I envy them a little. I love going to new places and learning new things.
This isn't to say that I'm not happy now -- I couldn't ask for more blessings than I've already been given. I am especially grateful for my dear husband.
Yet there is always the allure of the unknown.
You are in a unique position right now. Never again in your life will you be more mobile (unless you have the fortune to be an incredibly healthy rich old person) and you should make the most of it.
What that means for you, I have no idea. That's for you and God to decide.
Good Luck!

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.