As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

27 January 2008

The President of my Youth

"You can either be smart and happy, or stupid and miserable."
--Gordon B. Hinckley

Well, I'm not that far from being a youth, but President Gordon B. Hinckley is the first prophet I remember hearing. I was 6, nearly 7 years old when he was confirmed Prophet and President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I always looked forward to hearing him speak at General Conference. Though he was 97, he seemed to get through everything that came at him. I even had the pleasure and opportunity to see him at my Stake Conference. The news came suddenly, for me, during a Young Single Adult meeting. The entire congregation gasped simultaneously. Lightning shot through my body, inspiring a few tears to flow. He will be greatly missed by the entire population of members. I assume there will be others who recoginized a great leader of peace who will mourn his passing also. He is with his sweetheart whom he so dearly missed.

“Faith is the wellspring of activity. It is the root of hope and trust. It is this simple faith that all of us so much need. "In the on-working of this great cause, increased faith is what we most need. Without it, the work would stagnate. With it, no one can stop its progress. . . "May the Lord bless us with faith in the great cause of which we are a part. May faith be as a candle to guide us in the night by its light. May it go before us as a cloud in the day." --Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments:

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.