As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

16 May 2008

Summer for Redheads

This is the time for people to show off more of what they've got. For some, it's covering less than their showing. In this life there are some who are blessed with skin that seems to gently tan no matter how long they spend in the direct sun. For others, they burn after long periods of time, but it quickly turns nice and dark. Then there leaves the rest of us. The ones who are so pale, that to wear white nylons or not is not a matter of looks, because you can't tell the difference anyway. No matter how much time my skin is exposed, it will not tan evenly. Freckles are my style, thank you. That is, if I am careful. It only takes 20 minutes of direct sunlight for this redhead to become red on more than just my head. The process has begun. 2 hours in the sun yesterday resulted in this. Pretty ain't it? It will heal, peel, then a nice set of freckles will be left over. It's a fancy way of living, I assure you.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Ouch! That looks painful. I am lucky to be somewhere in the middle of the tan/sunburn ratio. Good luck enduring summer.

Fung-Shi-Fung said...

My REDhead through and through. My blog is back, btw. ;)

Laverna said...

I hear you. May not be a redhead, but I sure burn easy. We were waiting to pick up our car (the guy went to lunch) and both Dan and I got burned SITTING IN THE CAR waiting for him. Sometimes I amaze myself.

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.