As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

29 May 2008

I'm not always good at these things...

First time for everything, yeah? The month of May turned out to be a first time for things I never expected to happen. One: Going over my monthly minutes on my cell phone. In the past, the 450 minutes has been plenty, since after 9pm and weekends are free. In fact, I usually ended up with extra left over. Since going over has never been a problem, I don't normally check to see how many I have used for the month, but I was strangely inspired to look last week, and good thing I did. 595 minutes. I almost fell off my bed where I was sitting. I deducted that not having school or work during the day to distract me, I must have called people more. Two: Having lights flash in my rear-view mirror by a police car. The speed limit on Wasatch Blvd on campus is apparently 25 mph, not 35. He asked for license and registration and proof of insurance. The officer went back to his car, and I started laughing. To my knowledge there is no speed limit sign along that road. Either I deserved to be pulled over for not paying attention to the signs, or there is no sign and the school or the government should put a sign up. Luckily he let me go with a warning only, just to slow down. I can do that :).

3 comments:

Jim said...

Maybe you getting pulled over was the universe trying to teach you a lesson for going over your minutes? The two events could be related....

Fung-Shi-Fung said...

sad! did you get a ticket? warning?

Muffy said...

Yeah, I'm curious too... What is the ending to the story about the cop pulling you over?

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.