As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

20 November 2009

Multi-Tasking.

It is a custom at work, that while you are waiting for the computer to process a task you have performed, to have some other form of entertainment to keep your brain occupied. Sometimes the wait between your chance to actually do some work can be 2-5 minutes. If you are to walk through the group of computers, you will most likely see You Tube in the corner of the screen. Most of the time you will catch a glimpse of South Park, or some other cartoon. My current assignment has been one that gives me at least 3 minutes down time as I wait for each page to load. Conveniently, some people have taken to posting entire movies online. Christmas is coming soon, and I am not ashamed to say that I have been listening to Christmas themed music and watching Christmas themed movies. I pulled up a Santa Claus themed movie yesterday, and near the end was very touched at the human interaction, the love that had grown in this family. I had nearly two hours left after the first movie, so I pulled up one based on the story of the Savior's birth. Near the end of this second film, I was so touched I had to hold back tears. It occurred to me the stark contrast between the choices in entertainment. While some were merely getting entertainment, I was feeling closer to my Savior, learning compassion and learning to look at other people from their own perspective and circumstance.

Not to be considered boasting, for I enjoy entertainment for the pure sake of entertainment also, I was merely entertained that experiences so vastly different could occupy the same room; So close together, but minds so far apart.

No comments:

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.