As young adults, there is so much expected of us. There are days where you have to multi-task things that really shouldn't be done at the same time; Like filing your nails while driving. I'm a believer in enjoying everything you do and never doing anything simply because you think you "should." But this doesn't apply if you're a slacker. Being lazy is lame.

28 January 2009

A Story Worth Telling

Several years ago, while I was employed at the local fast-food restaurant, the routine weekend rush was upon us. Someone ordered a Junior Mint shake, and the small fridge was empty of them, so I ran to the walk-in fridge to grab some. I reached for them in their usual place on the top shelf. This was during the winter months, when the restaurant offers a Tomato-Basil soup special. An open container of this soup was sitting in front of the Junior Mint box, and in my haste of grabbing Mints, I knocked the soup off the shelf. It turned towards me on it's way to the floor, flipping a full 360 before landing right side up on the floor. Now with soup in my eyes, I ran to the sink to wash off. Other employees rushing around would come to a complete stop when they saw me, covered in soup. As I washed the soup (chunky) from my eyes, I saw that it was on my arms, down my front, in my hair...My manager took one look at me, and headed for the back fridge to see what had happened. After cleaning myself up as much as possible (I think I had taken the mints to the shake room for someone else to finish), I went back to the fridge to see what awaited on my managers face. She was on her knees on the ground with her face in her hands, shaking. She could hardly stop laughing. Kindly, she helped me clean up. Soup was on the ceiling, all over food containers and spread far on the floor. Really, I'm not a fan of the soup anymore: It doesn't taste that great cold, and up your nose.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Soup through the nose is a refined taste. It's ok if you don't like it.

Anonymous said...

When did this happen?

Use of any content in any way from this page, is prohibited by the author.